Monday, February 05, 2007

Car Hopping

This is a once-off incident, that I have not gotten out of my system, and I thought I better write it down before my aging mind forgets. It is nothing near to a fear factor but it is one of the most daring things that I have done, on the spur of a moment!

Saturday, 14 September 2002

Time to treat ourselves after a week’s of physical and mental work. Physical because we danced practically from morning to night to master the steps and mentally because we had to remember the sequence and the steps to the extent that we could dance on our own, before the teacher leaves.

From Monday to Friday, we have been busy learning 9 dances. Teacher Maria had flown in from Miri to teach us how to use fans, scarfs & umbrella to dance and it was time for us to let our hair down and relax.

We were going to a High Tea at the Promenade Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

There were 5 of us in one car and driving slowly towards the traffic lights. We were excited when we realised that the car that drove up alongside was driven by one of our friends, who we knew was also heading for the High Tea. She was alone in the car.

The traffic lights was not red but traffic at that section of the multiple-lane road was slow moving. I exclaimed to Teacher Maria "Let's hop to Adeline's car". Luckily Adeline didn't lock her car. Teacher Maria went into her car without hesitation and I followed suit!!

I can't imagine myself doing that ever again!!

1 comment:

Iain Cameron said...

You know how silly this was but you still did it. Well, sometimes you have to have a little fun and I know that you would be careful.