Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Return to Sender AGAIN!

Tuesday, 2 March 2009

Today I received a returned Christmas card from friends.

One year ago, I was annoyed by the Postal Services as regards to mail, that were addressed to me 100 percent correctly, but were not delivered to me for I don't know what reason - maybe terrorism because I don't bear an Caucasian last name.

It happened again in December 2008. A Christmas card was returned to friends in Oklahoma. They showed to me the returned envelope when I visited them.

The address was correct. The Post Services yellow label on the envelope said:
Return to Sender
Not Deliverable As Addressed
Unable to Forward

I called the Post Services and they took down my name(s). I wonder if this happens to other people. I can only remarked "Stupid". Whatever the policy is, it is definitely not clever. Address correct, name alien, if there is a threat inside, dictating device would be incorporated in the system.

Interestingly, we received mail that were addressed to people that we have no idea of, which I marked "Unknown" and left them in the mail box for the delivery man to collect. Sometimes you wonder what the heck is going on. Racial discrimination?
I can only remarked again "Stupid". Maybe I should give myself a local Penname.

No comments: