Monday, March 17, 2008

Still Don't Know the Policy

Monday, 17 March 2008

"Calm Down" said the Postal Services officer. I must have sounded confused, disappointed, desperate and angry as I related what had happened to the letter that finally got to me last Saturday and who knows what other letters. A friend in Malaysia said her letter to me was returned!

I asked the officer what do they look at - the name or the address? He said sometimes the name and sometimes the address! What a policy!

Anyway, he was a nice guy. We had some light moments about names and nationalities! He sounded funny pronouncing my name. When I corrected the nationality that he thought I was, he was not surprised by my sensitive response. That reminded of a friend in Scotland who corrected me when I refer him as an English.

The Postal Services Officer took my name and reported that the postman have pending mail for me and would deliver them on his round. Problem solved :)

1 comment:

Iain Cameron said...

I am glad you got your mail issue sorted out. In Scotland it doesn't seem to matter what name you put on the address. If you addressed it to my address but for Mickey Mouse it would still arrive in my letterbox even although Mickey does not live here. LOL!