Sunday, March 08, 2009

Posterior Vitreous Detachment

Sunday, 8 March 2009

About 7:50 pm, I emerged out of my night gown and saw a few lines of black thread in my right eye. I thought some thread had come out of my gown. I looked down at my gown but there were no threads tangling down. I looked at my glasses. They were clear. I covered my right eye with my right hand. My left eyes were clear. I covered my left eye with my left hand. I saw those threads again but this time look like cobwebs of black oil floating in a pool of tiny tiny drops of water. From information that I found in the internet, I thought I have posterior vitreous detachment. I told Mike and he said we would call for appointment with a ophthalmologist tomorrow morning. What I was scare of is retina detachment which happens to people with high myopia, like me.

No comments: