Friday, August 31, 2007

Portable Media Device

Friday, 31 August 2007

Thanks to Yean! And thanks to Lian as well. The children have been my teachers in many aspects of my life. And one of these aspects, is increased computer knowledge. It was they who presented me with my first pendrive. They have taught me about fragmentation, blogging, connection, surfing, scanning your files, etc. etc.

Tonight Yean taught me about formatting my pendrive. I have not done that before. Didn't think of doing that either. These features are available in the computer but I didn't explore them.................

I recovered my folders/pictures, that I thought was gone, from my pendrive! I had tried to copy a folder of the same into the pendrive but it was not possible. The folders were still inside but invisible! I found the formatting feature and other features at the same time. Clicking "Open as Portable Media Service" is like opening a present today!

All the folders that I thought was gone, appeared! Imagine how happy I was. I couldn't open the pictures. However as I explore further, I learnt that by transferring them to my my desktop/documents. I could view the pictures.

Had the pendrive formatted thereafter and then transferred the original folders back into it! Scanned the pendrive - it is clean - no virus threats!

Once a upon a time on a Labour Day, I lost my document, due to formatting. Once a upon a time on a National Day, I recovered my document, due to formatting as well. I didn't format to recover it but it was related to formatting.

This is my present for Malaysia's 50th year National Day! God bless Malaysia.

2 comments:

Iain Cameron said...

Great news, Irene!! I see you got those two professionals, Yean & Lian, on to the case and with the best possible result.It must be such a relief to know that they are all safe.

Dad the KL city kid said...

Well done Irene! Truly like Malaysia as at times, it seems all is lost but in the end, we are a shining star!

Give you one example. We used to be heavily critized by the West for the Internal Security Act that allows imprisonment without trial. After 911, USA implemented laws to do the same!

Malaysia Boleh!