Saturday, August 04, 2007

Car Ignorance

Saturday, 4 August 2007

Been driving the car for the past 2 days without any problems, except the failure of the right signal light to blink when the lever was switched downwards on Thursday. It was rectified with the changing of a front rear bulb.

Don't know what is wrong with the car tonight. Noticed as I drove towards the church, the light on the panel of the speedometer etc grew dimmer and dimmer. I am so thankful I reached the church. By that time, the car light has already gone out completely. I realised that I have been driving without lights for the past few minutes. It wasn't obvious on the highway because the car in front and behind me were lighted, the road was better lighted. After a few minutes checking the engine oil, battery, etc. I turned the ignition key to check. No sound. It is dead! All the warning signs lighted in the panel: battery, oil, etc.

Help from church members who were there didn't help either. It was Saturday night and I don't know of any help number to call. I couldn't get to my mechanic, who had serviced the car for the past 22 years. His brother, who works in the sales, analysed the problem to the alternator. The car might have to be towed back to the workshop Monday.

My goodness! Monday! Would any mechanic willing to work on a Sunday? And it is Sabbath! How am I going to visit my mother tomorrow? Maybe Sister and I can walk there. She did that before, all by herself. If she could do that, I should be able to!

2 Church members said to contact their respective mechanic tomorrow. I think I better try and call my own mechanic again tomorrow and seek his advice. Guess it would have to rest another day and night at the church car lot!

No comments: