Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Day of Surprises

Wednesday, 25 July 2007

It was break time. I was having lunch in a room when the delivery came. I thought it was just some people dropping in and asking for donations. It had happened in the past weeks. I didn't bother to check - too busy eating! I heard Ron talking to a lady. Mike was surprised why I was not interested to check what was going on at the reception area.

It was a delivery for me - a birthday present!


Mike has ordered it for me! The mixer pot is beautiful. Accompanying it were packets of Blazin Black Bean Dip Mix, Jalapeno Cheddar Dip Mix, Classic Dill Dip and Southwest Chile & Onion Dip Mix.

Thanks Mike! And thank you to all my friends who emailed me. And thank you especially to a dear friend in Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia) who waited until office was opened this morning so that she could phone me. It was past 11 pm her time.

That was the 2nd surprise of the day. Mid this morning, a family friend came into our office, greeted me and placed the presents that he and his wife has put together for me. I thought he was visiting Ron and Mike.

3rd surprise. After dinner (which Mike insisted on cooking), Mike took out from the refrigerator, a big doughnut that he had bought without my knowledge. He had iced it himself and completed it with candles. That was the first time I had a birthday doughnut instead of a cake. Isn't that cute?

2 comments:

Singapore Girl said...

Happy be-lated birthday Irene!

I think the birthday donut is really cute and being decorated by Mike sure make it even sweeter for you.

...and many more.

Iain Cameron said...

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Irene. Looks like you had a really good day.