Friday, August 10, 2007

Pulling Noodles

Saturday, 11 August 2007

I haven't forgotten the tag from Lion City Girl on "Food Around The World". Oiled Soup is also waiting for me! Here I am, my friends!

I enjoy all kinds of food and have eaten different kind of western food during the past 3 months, too many that I don't know which one to blog and ended up blogging none of them! What is my favourite dish? I don't think I have one.

Back in Miri, Melinda emailed me and asked whether she could treat me to "Pulling Noodles" for breakfast, at Bulatan Commercial Miri. Pulling Noodles?? I have not heard that term before. Maybe you have. I was curious and accepted the invitation excitedly.

The young man pulling the noodles is from Shanghai. I stood there talking and watching him transformed a piece of dough into strings of noodles.



The noodles were immediately thrown in the pot of boiling water that was behind his left side. His partner standing behind him would dish them up and add broth and other ingredients.



They sell pull noodles with beef or pork (soup or dry form). I chose pull noodles with pork (soup). It is delicious!

I don't know whether you would consider this a Malaysian dish or a Chinese dish? It is prepared by a China man in Malaysia. Maybe call this a Malaysian-Chinese dish??????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mummy!! I've tagged you. Go to my website and check what you have to do.
Do ah. :)

Iain Cameron said...

OK Irene. I have updated by Blog to include this wonderful looking dish. I wish I could try it. All the best, MBK