Monday, March 05, 2007

Exhausting Intercity Bus Rides

Monday, 5 March 2007

What a weekend, starting from Thursday midnight to Sunday midnight! Travelling by train, express bus, ferry, car, shuttle bus, cable car and boat. I went with Lian, Yean and Aisah to Langkawi. I have created a different blog on the visit. You can read them also in Lian's and Yean's blog.

The bus ride from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Perlis and vice-versa was an experience indeed. It was cheap fare-wise but it was tiring time-wise.

It didn't take as long as the bus ride that I took last May from Miri to Kuching. That was 14 hours while these weekend bus rides was 7-8 hours. We got to stop at various bus terminals along the way and stretch ourselves during the 14-hour ride while yesterday night's 8-hour ride stopped only at 2 bus stations and 1 rest station. I sure felt very exhausted, and by the time I arrived back to the condo, I felt like I was floating.

I didn't dare to drink too much either whenever I use the express buses because there were no toilet in the bus, so that is my problem.

I am not sure I would like to go on the bus ride again to Langkawi. Maybe after a few years, I may be in the sport to do that again.

1 comment:

Iain Cameron said...

We were thinking about how your trip was. Sorry to read about your bus ride. Now going to look at your other blog.