Thursday, December 22, 2005

What a Joke!!

Thursday, 22 December 2005

Sunday – carolling at the Old Folks’ home and the Blind Centre.
Tuesday - carolling at the Girls' (juvenile delinquents) home.
Wednesday - carolling at church members' homes.


Tonight we have agreed to meet as usual. Helen had picked me up for the last 3 evenings and she will pick me again tonight. This is our last night for this year. I had not taken any photos but tonight I intended to. Each time she would horn to signal that she is outside my gate, I would drop everything I did and run out of the main door. This evening I decided to wait for her outside the gate. I noticed her big smile ☺ when she came. I had waited for about 15 minutes. We were looking forward to meeting the others.


I opened the back seat door and sat. Before Helen even started to move the car, Gloria, whom I sat next to, exclaimed “Irene, Benedict just smsed “carolling is cancelled tonight”. What? Did I hear correctly? We all looked at each other in disbelief, with our eyes wide opened for a moment and then laughed. I said “okay, looks like I better get out the car”. And so I got up and said “good-bye” to all the four in the car!!

No comments: