Sunday, August 09, 2009

Book: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutritional Medicine May be Killing You

Sunday, 9 May 2009

I don't know what had gotten into me. I haven't been able to finish reading any books until recently. Thanks to my new pair of reading spectacles.

What your doctor doesn't know about nutritional medicine may be killing you
(Author: Ray D. Strand, M.D.) (Publisher: Advantage Quest) (Price: MR29.90)



Dr. Strand wrote about nutritional supplements as complimentary medicine and not as alternative medicine. He also spoke about us controlling the disease and not letting the disease control us.

It is interesting to read how he treated his patients (suffering from Fibromyalgia, leukoenoephalopathy, multiple scelerosis, cardiomyopathy, ovarian cancer, neuroblastoma, macular degeneration, Crohn's disease, systematic lupus erythematosus, osteoarthritis, asthma, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis, Parkinson's disease, multiple scelerosis, Syndrome X (insulin resistance), Diabetest, etc.) with the nutritional supplements.

I think one of the reasons by I enjoyed reading his book is because I believe in nutritional supplements. I know my body does not get all the nutrients, from the food that I eat every day, and therefore I need to take supplements.

Nobody wants or enjoys being sick. I personally feel more sick when I am on medications of any sort for an extended time.

No comments: