Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Check your footwear!

Sunday, 17 July 2005

Here goes again!! Why was I in a hurry? I should be growing more graceful as I grow older!
I had the gate of my home opened and drove the car into the parking lot. Got out my purse, car key and handphone. There was something missing - the house key! I have left the house before my husband. Have I forgotten to take it out? How am I going to enter the house? I was about to use the handphone to call him (he has gone out) when I realised that if I have not taken out the house key, how could I have opened the gate and close the gate when I went out earlier? The main door key is ringed together with the gate key and the gate key could only be taken out only after the lock is in place!!! I have not close my gate yet!!

December 1993
My mother, my 2 children (12 and 7 years old) and myself were on holiday in Melbourne! My 2 nieces, Serena and Nicole, would be performing. We were all looking forward to the evening and we would be going in 2 cars. Their father would be driving one car and their mother (who is my sister) would be driving another. I don't remember which car I got in. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry, including myself. I, for one, love dancing, so I was really looking forward to seeing the girls dance. They were 11 and 8 years old respectively. So in I went to the car and off we went to the concert hall. It was when I was walking into the hall that I realised I was still using the furry-like house slippers on!!! I loved the slippers. It is so soft and cosy. In that moment of hurry and excitement, I have forgotten to change my footwear. And they were pink in colour!!. I felt so embarrassed even though they said nobody will look and nobody care. i felt like a clown. My little angel, Lyanne, saved me. She said "Mum, I use yours, you use mine". I cannot remember what type of footwear she had that night but it must be something that she has picked from the shoe rack and it fits me!!

No comments: