Saturday, July 05, 2014

Displinary Warning Letter (1)

Two days ago (Thursday, 3 July 2014), a customer said she would pay her purchase by cheque.    I told her she does not need to fill the cheque out and it would be printed "void" and would be returned to her.   Unfortunately the computer could not read her cheque.  So I called the Asst. Mgr. (Be) for help.   He tried, and failed to have the cheque read too.    He called for the Store Mgr. (C), who also failed to have the cheque read by the computer.   However, the Store Mgr. entered the cheque manually and the system accepted it.    Store Mgr. placed the cheque into the till.

Asst. Mgr. (Ba) counted my till at the end of my shift and noticed that the cheque was blank!   She notifed the Store Mgr. of the blank check.   Asst. Mgr. called the tel. no. on the cheque, without success.   I clocked out without signing my cashier report, of that $60 plus merchandise (blank cheque).

When I reported to work yesterday (4 July 2014), Asst. Mgr (Kr) told me that she got hold of the customer, on the phone.   AM (Kr) said that she would see the customer when she clock out at 3 pm, and would get the cheque signed.   AM (Kr) came back to the store, showed the signed cheque to me, went into the office and informed the AM (Be) on duty.

At the end of my duty today (5 July 2014), AM (Ba) who took me down, handed me a displinary warning letter, from the Store Mgr (who had already left), to sign.   The letter said verbal warning was given, which was not true.    I signed the letter.  Mike and a close friend said I shouldn't have signed the letter.   However I made a remark that I was NOT totally responsible for the blank cheque.    AM (Be) helped with the process. Store Mgr. made the final acceptance and had placed the cheque inside the till.

I don't think the Store Mgr. is going to be happy with my remark.   I don't know what this will lead to, referring to  her feelings towards me and how she would treat me from now on.   She is a very good boss and I like her very much.   However in this aspect, I know I am NOT totally responsible for this "blank cheque".   More importantly, we finally got the cheque signed the next day.   So why the disciplinary warning letter?

As for me, I will continue working hard for my present employer, be the best cashier that my employer and customers will remember.

No comments: