Thursday, March 06, 2014

Chinese New Year Dinner 2014

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Finally I was able to have the special Chinese New Year dinner.   I was not able to celebrate the reunion dinner on the 30 January.   The celebration of the year of the Horse started the 31st January and finished the 14 February.    2 guests at our table thought the Chinese New Year was over.   I said it is 365 days!   I just celebrate it late.   Don't know if anyone else did that?   Grateful that the 4 guests joined in the dinner.

I was a little worried when we had a power outrage at 12:05pm because of thunder storms.   After an experience of an outrage that lasts 80 hours because of winter storm, I am somehow scare of the timing of restoration.

I am grateful I had all the stuffed beancurd (with minced pork) deep fried a couple of minutes before the outrage, which was restored at about 12:45pm.  Cooked the other 4 dishes an hour before the dinner.
Stuffed bean curd with minced pork



Spicy prawns with tomatoes

Chicken with black mushrooms

Bean sprouts with carrots, chives and minced pork

Blanced bak choy with garlic oyster sauce




































































Bought these food from an oriental store:
(1) Roasted pork ($6.99 for 1 lb)
(2) Barbequed pork ($5.99 for 1 lb)
(3) Roasted duck ($15.99 for a whole duck)
Roasted pork and barbequed pork

Roasted duck






























No comments: