Saturday, June 28, 2008

Panicking Seconds

Thursday, 26 June 2008

I thought I was going to die of suffocation! I wouldn't want to die this way!

Jimmy called that he needed to pick up the bee suit for a bees removal job. I thought I check in the bird van if the bee suit he last wore was still there and have it ready for him to collect.

I unlocked the sliding side door and climbed in. The door slammed shut behind me. I turned and pulled the handle but the side door remained shut. I couldn't open the back door as well.

It was middle of the afternoon and it was very uncomfortable and hot inside the van, having been parked under the summer sun since morning.

I had the car key with me but it couldn't open the doors from the inside. I had my cellphone with me. I could have call Jimmy or Michael and ask them for advice, but I didn’t. Michael was about 40 miles away and Jimmy was on his way here but didn't know how soon. I didn't know why I didn't call them.

The few seconds of panicking turned to the next few seconds of relief when I manage to open the door to the driver section.

What was going on with me this afternoon? I could neither open the door of the driver nor the passenger side! After starting the engine running, I tried the driver's door again and this time it opened!

Jimmy told me that I could open the back door from the inside. I tried the back door again. It opened when I pulled the handle!

Another incident of ignorance! When I told Michael that I might die that afternoon, he said he would buy the flowers!

No comments: