Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Lord Calls (7)

Mike picked a closed name tag from the Christmas giving tree in the church foyer on the 9 December 2019.   After clearing with the Bishopric, he gave me the tag, now revealed with the name of Joan Murray.   We have no idea who she was.

Heavenly Father must have wanted me to fellowship with her.   Found out she was in her early 80's and living alone.  I was excited to learn that she lived in the same neighborhood because that would allow me to visit her easily.    I brought some cookies and knocked on her door on the 15 December 2019.    It was my first visit to her.   I am glad that I was able to visit with her as well in the next 5 months or so.

I wasn't in the area during the week when Sister Murray passed away on the 26 September 2019.   However, I am glad I was able to attend her funeral on the 1 October.

Rest in peace, Sister Murray.  It has been a pleasure knowing you.  We have fun visiting.

No comments: