Friday, August 05, 2016

Mum's Knitting

Friday, 5 August 2016

Most of my clothings, when I was growing up, was sewn by Mum.   I remembered she told me she learnt to sew by herself.  If she is alive now, I would tell her how much I appreciate her dedication in bringing us up.   There were 5 children and she was the best mother.   We hardly get sick.  We were cleaned and fed.    

These are the 2 knitted items that I have kept that she had made.  A blue sweater for me (when I was already a teenager). A red/green strip v-check vest for my younger brother when he was in his childhood.   The bottom pink strip was a replacement or an added strip.   My younger brother passed away 8 years before our Mom passed.

I didn't follow her foot steps in sewing.   Her granddaughter does.  Mum would be so proud of this granddaughter, who happens to be her first grandchild and a special one too.



No comments: