Friday, May 22, 2009

What is your Interest?

Friday, 22 May 2009

A lady friend called yesterday, asking if Lian or I would like to buy a ticket from her for a 3-day course, starting today, by the famous writer of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" - Robert Kiyosaki.

She has bought 2 tickets a year ago but she alone could attend the course as the other intended participant is away from the country.

The tickets were RM500 each when she bought them a year ago. They were gold seats because they were seats in the 4th row from the stage. Now, the general seat is RM2990 and the budget seat is RM1998. So her seats now cost over RM3000. She welcome to part her spare ticket for whatever one can offer on top of her original cost.

Lian and I were not interested. I know other people would grab that opportunity. They say it is worth it, an investment to the accumulation of monetary wealth and financial independence. Besides being not interested, I don't have that kind of money to invest and no matter what people say I don't care about this Robert Kawasaki.

I suggested my lady friend contact a man friend, who I know greatly admire this icon figure of Robert Kawasaki and, who incidentally was arriving in Kuala Lumpur this morning. Maybe he would be interested. Unfortunately this man friend had prior appointments.

Finally, my lady friend asked if either Lian or I would want to attend, free of charge. She didn't want to waste the ticket.

I am so sorry, my dear friend. We can't. Even though they say it would be an experience of a lifetime with this famous man, this 3-day course would take away the precious weekend time with our family members, who we don't see during the weekdays and sometimes for many weekends and months. Maybe it is only A weekend but life is unpredictable. We may not have ANOTHER weekend. And, also I prefer attending church meetings on Sundays.

I asked if she could sell back the spare ticket to the organiser to resell it for whatever the present price is and thus making a profit. Sad to hear that she can't. Well! consider that it is still cheaper to attend the course for RM1000 (the total of the 2 tickets she bought) than to pay for the present price of RM3000 plus for the gold seat.

Know you have a great time, my friend. Enjoy.

No comments: