Sunday, May 04, 2008

Black Sock in a Golden Slipper

Friday, 2 May 2008

It was one of those embarrassing experience in my life! Dressed in a elegant floral long dress and walked with a matching pair of golden-colored slippers with the right foot in black-colored nylon sock! Maybe people noticed maybe not.




I had to wear a black-colored nylon sock so as not to dirty the slippers that I tried. I forgot to take it off when I was done with the slipper section.

Worst of all, I had slipped both feet back into my sandals without feeling the difference! And where did I go from there? From the distribution center, we drove to the Mesa temple ground, walked from the parking lot, passed a big wedding group that was gathered in front of the pool, passed more people in the temple to/from the cafeteria where we had our lunch.

It was just before I entered the changing room that I looked down at my feet and at that split second wondered what the hell my right feet was black! And realised instantly that I had worn the sock all the way from the distribution center! This is one of those shocking and embarrassing moments. After that I just want to laugh when I think of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHa! My Mum next shocking moment! HaHaHa! Hope that everyone was looking up and not your feet!

Iain Cameron said...

Just a normal sort of thing when you get older... Just what happens to me too! I am sure no-one else noticed but you... and did it really matter? Thanks for sharing your embarrassment though.