Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Wednesday, 9 May 2007

Happy Birthday to me! Today marks the start of my 10th year in the church. Yup - I was baptised on the 9 May 1998 in the Miri branch by Elder Witcomb. He and Elder Redd were the first missionaries that I met. Less than 2 weeks of acquaintance, Elder Redd was transferred and Elder Quinn came. First couple missionaries that I got to admire and love were Elder and Sister Folsom from Canada, who were fondly addressed and remembered as Grandpa and Grandma by the then small number of members.

I am thankful for my membership. Staying on the strait and narrow path isn't easy but nevertheless a blessing of discovery, experience and growth in the gospel and oneself. I am grateful that Lian and Yean were receptive to the gospel as well. It feels wonderful to go to church together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUM!!! Baptized 1998 la!!!

where got 10 years already!!! aiyoyo!!!

Irene said...

Thanks Yean, typographical error! Not 10 years yet, just the start of the 10th year, aiyo!