Thursday, May 21, 2009

Using Computers at Cybershop

Thursday, 21 May 2009

What do you do when you have a computer but you don't have Internet connection at home? I have always been blessed with both, in the comfort of my homes, until now. It is not because Internet service is not available in this area. It is because we chose not to subscribe yet.

Having been so used to taking all the time I wanted do my email, Facebook, blog, surf, etc. I still can if I am willing for the time, which is more expensive.

I don't dare to go into the https:// even though they are secure sites for fear that this public computer have been fixed with device to store our personal particulars. I don't dare to upload pictures from a pendrive for fear that it might be virus affected. It happened once when a photoshop uploaded pictures, for the purpose of reproduction, from my pendrive to their computer. I just can't trust public computers, and even private computers unless they belongs to people I know and trusted! I guess that is why we say "personal computers" where you have your own settings, favorites, etc.

Anyway, I am thankful that there is a cybershop, that is only a few minutes walk from where I am staying for this time. They charged MR2 for members and MR2.50 for non-members, so I signed up for membership even though I am not a permanent resident. It is life membership and you don't have to pay any fees of any kind to maintain that membership, except to top up when your credit runs out.

At least I am able to do my email and be connected to my friends as well as to blog (minus the pictures) for the time being. That will do.

And for not having Internet connection at home, I will just use the computer to do other works that don't need Internet access. I have a weakness to be glued to the computer, especially when the Internet connection is on, so this is a time to enjoy other things in life!

No comments: